Monday, April 22, 2013

"Founding Father Quest" Reflection

I just finished The "Founding Father" Quest and thought it was pretty straight forward, but did make me think. I always have been interested in messages hidden within paintings, and it was interesting to see how the portrait of George Washington(the painting that the quest focused on) had little meanings and messages all throughout it. In my analysis of the quest that I sent in, I focused on the curtains behind Washington. It was said that the curtains portrayed wealth, and power. Washington wanted to add these to his painting to show that he was an important figure. As you can see in the painting below the curtains are Incorporated into the painting in a way that you don't really notice them, yet they display a casual background for Washington, and at the same time represent his wealth and power. This made me realize that after looking at some other paintings for a while, there are always at least one or two messages or meanings that you wouldn't be able to take away from first glance. The overall impact of the quest did make me more open to analyzing and looking further more into paintings that I see in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment